It’s been a rather windy summer thus far, making it less fun to be out on the water. I don’t know many guys who enjoyed being blasted by the wind while bobbing up and down on the waves for hours on end. I went out on Pewaukee Lake a few weeks ago with a buddy from work. We had picked the day in advance since it was supposed to be dry and calm. We got the dry, but not the calm. We had a stiff wind blowing out of the west that drove us back into the western half of the lake after trying to fish the narrows in the middle.
I spent the day focusing my fishing efforts on making the bait look real. I tried hard to avoid retrieving the lure in a rhythmic fashion. I was paid off with a nice upper 30s muskie:
My fishing buddy hooked one a short time later, but couldn’t keep it pinned and we lost it.
Recently, I blogged about migrating the SQL Server installation onto a different drive. I did find one problem after this move that I had to address. I ran into a problem with the SQL Agent and I wasn’t able to diagnose the issue. If I remember correctly it was actually an SSRS subscription that failed, and I needed details to find out why. I found that the SQL Agent has properties, and the error log was still pointing back at the previous location on the C: drive, which no longer existed. There is a stored procedure you can execute to see those properties, in addition to looking at them in the SSMS UI:
Lastly, just update the value with the corresponding SET stored procedure and restart the SQL Agent:
EXEC msdb..sp_set_sqlagent_properties @errorlog_file = N'D:\SQLSERVERINSTALL\SQLAGENTERRORLOG.log'
Now your SQL Agent properties have been update.